Basis of values
Technical College of Jutland strives to be a highly estimated educational institution of national and international reputation, characterized by the ability and will to adapt to the demands of the day. Because TCJ has an edge in a developing and changing world.
TCJ will ensure that its range of educations and training programmes are among the best in Denmark at all times. This also means that former apprentices and students will maintain their reputation as well-educated craftsmen end engineers
TCJ will ensure that staying at this college is an experience characterized by a synthesis of opportunities, professionally, educational personal. The user is competent and responsible to make his/her own choice , with necessary supervision from college staff. TCJ will ensure that , through its range of educations and training programmes, the trades serviced can always have their requiremants covered, be it apprentice education, engineer education and post graduate training.
Technical College Of Jutland strives to be an organization governed by common vision and value – regulations and procedures should be kept at a minimum. TCJ will implement a community among college management and college staff. All management and staff are characterized by seeing themselves as responsible and equal parts of an entity, whose aim is the fulfillment of the college´s complete vision and goal. TCJ will consolidate its financial position in a way that allows for this fulfillment at all times.
As a superior target TCJ makes a priority of presenting a broad range of various educations at all levels. Another such target is to cover the individual trades to the largest possible extent, so that the requirement of educations from base to top is well considered.
- Immediate customers (apprentices, students, course participants and others making direct use of
- the college’s facilities).
- The customer’s expectation must – when in the teaching situation or when experiencing the system as a guest – be considered to a such extent, that he/she feels well treated. This goes for the teaching system as well as for the leisure system (accommodation and boarding).
- Both systems should have an edge in quality and live up to the highest standard of any school system.
- This is evaluated through customer’s assessment of TCJ standard in all fields (technical, educational, service-oriented).
- Indirect customers (organizations, departments, companies and others making requests on education and course activities).
- These interested parties should feel confident that the target set up for for the immediate customer
- will be met. Moreover, interested parties should experience efficient consideration and quick decision making.
- This is evaluated through questionnaires, together with self-assessments based on departmental frameworks.
Quality of teaching is maintained and developed through a teacher training policy that targets a qualifying of teachers, capable of fulfilling the goals for apprentices, students, course participants and others The teacher training is to ensure that the immediate customers obtain an education at a quality level nothing short than that performed by other schools.
Providing means for re-training and further training of school staff is of high priority.At the same time, TCJ conducts an employment policy that makes it high priority to have permanently employed teachers in adequate positions.
Quality of accomodation and boarding should match the highest level that any other school will offer. Servicing must be costumer-friendly from the very first contact to the hour of leaving the college, and this is to be of a quality matching the optimum of what the technical and commercial school system is capable of. A high level of service is ensured through the work performed by the administration, caretakers, boarding house and kitchen.
Thus, when employing staff in those duties, these are estimated in relation to the high demands they will meet. For re-training and further training of staff, resources are earmarked in the same way that goes for teaching staff.
It is our aim to have an edge at this point. Furthermore it is high priority to establish a meaningful, consistent framework in each department, so as to create an attractive professional working environment – for costumers as well as for staff.